IMPORTANT AFTER CARE FOR LIP HEALING PROCESS
- Grab a Vitamin A and D ointment at ILAB for aftercare before leaving your appointment.
- Avoid water and any products on your lips for the first 4 hours.
- Lips will be tender at first. Drink water or soup through a straw. Choose foods you can place in your mouth with a fork without touching lips.
- After the first 4 hours, Apply vitamin A and D ointments 4-5 times a day to keep your lip moisten.
If a product stings or burns when you apply it do not continue using it.
It is normal to have discomfort or a feeling of pressure the day of the lip procedure. The next day should be minimal.
- It is important to rinse your mouth after meals after getting lips tattooed.
- After sleeping, crust will have dried on the lips, put more ointment on to loosen crust.
- If you begin having pain on the 3rd or 4th day after being pain-free, it is a signal that something is wrong. It is usually one of three things:
- Cold sore, or
- Allergic contact dermatitis. Please consult your doctor for further treatment.
- Do not smash your face in a pillow while sleeping, especially the first week. The skin is drilled full of holes and can tear or kink.
- Do not use laser hair removal or photo-facial too close to pigmented area to avoid an accidental hit.
- Do not have teeth bleached while healing.
- Do not peel or pick at crust, this could cause pigment loss, scarring, and delayed healing.
- Do not expose to sun or tanning bed while outer healing progresses.
- Do not swim in fresh, salt, or chlorinated water for 2 weeks.
- Avoid environments that would cause dirt or germs to make contact with lips while healing.
- Do not apply topical cosmetics over treatment area while healing.
- Avoid smoking, dark food/drink such as black tea, coffee, soy sauce and foods with acidic/spicy content until the tattoo has healed completely.
- Avoid strenuous activity for 2 days. Increased blood pressure and dilated blood vessels increases swelling and oozing. Also, sweat running into a wound stings.
- Avoid rubbing, wiping, or scratching area in any case. Use patting motions only.
- Avoid using anti-aging products and services containing acids, lighteners, and exfoliates. They cause premature fading of pigment.
- Do not excessively stretch lips while they are healing with big smiles, or pucker lips with smoking. Those motions push and pull against the lip edges, applying tension and friction between the strong normal skin surrounding the mouth and the broken inflamed lip edges.
- Lips will peel for 2-7 days. Allow it to flake off on its own. Picking and pulling off skin that is not ready to come off will cause pigment loss and can pull out deeper tissue. The edges or lip liner will be the last to fall off. Pulling this off will result in an uneven splotchy line or an indented scar.
- During the peeling process it may look like there is not much color there. Color is more apparent by the second week. Final result is not judged for 2 months. Performing a touch up too early could cause scarring.
- Perfecting session 6-8 weeks is $100.
Leaving perfection session to week 10th on wards will occur extra cost.
Please call us 0455 608 888 to make an appointment.
Follow us on Instagram #intolashesandbrows